7 days leisure time and culture in the Isarco Valley
Experience the combination of nature, recreation, holidays, leisure time and culture
Due to its well-cultivated landscapes and mild pre-Mediterranean climate, Valle Isarco has a century-old tradition of chestnut harvesting as well as an extensive fruit and wine-growing culture. Among the natural highlights of the area are the apple blossoming in spring, the colourful chestnut trees which line the chestnut trail and the vineyards. The combination of Alpine cultural landscape and Italian lifestyle enriches the culture and of course the cuisine as well.
To truly experience the best of one's holiday, one should notmiss the Valley of Funes and the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Dolomites. Also within the Dolomites is the Puez-Odle Nature Park , famous for its scenic sunny terraces in the Valle Isarco hills. Amidst these Alpine pastures and surrounding pale rock formations are situated the three medieval cities of Bressanone, Chiusa and Vipiteno. FELDTHURNS - VELTURNO is in many ways an ideal combination between nature, recreation, culinary highlights and culture.
Our "Luxury" half board includes:
- Cake-buffet in the afternoon
- Dinner with 5 courses in the evening
- Free use of our Castanea-Wellness-area with pools and saunas and fitnessarea
- The active-programm with Yoga, Acquagym, Pilates, breathing exercises, meridian stretching, forest therapy..........
- Free hiking backpack for rent
- Free WIFI in the hotel
- Free parking in our private outdoor parkingzone
- 1 bottle of sparcling wine in the room
The first delicious step in cheese varieties.
- 2 x Castanea body care (peeling and pack) - 50 minutes
- 1 x Castanea chestnut - wine bath for two in wooden tub - 20 minutes
- 1 x Aroma oil massage for two - 50 minutes
We will accompany you daily (from Monday to Saturday) to guided excursions to our alps and surroundings.
The hiking trails leads through the sunny vineyards of Leitach and on the way you will get a fascinating insight into winegrowing in the Eisack Valley and learn about the different varieties of grape.
During an excursion, historians and various experts shed light on the past of the artists' town, sometimes also called "Dürerstadt", and tell of "life in medieval Klausen" or the "Klausner artists' colony" in the 19th century.
Every Tuesday at 10 am
South Tyrolean herbs - The taste of the mountains
Integrated production, the ideal time for harvesting and the careful hot-air drying make sure that the herbs and spices cultivated in South Tyrol can develop their full aroma.
On a cultivation area of meanwhile more than 40 hectares at an altitude of at least 500 metres above sea level, thyme, dill and lemon balm, mint, hollyhock, sage and many other herbs and spices are cultivated.
Every Friday from mid May to mid October or by appointment
Once the summer residence of the Brixen bishop-princes, this elegant complex was completely renovated from 1979-83.
ATTENTION: Due to the current corona situation the castle can only be visited without a guided tour from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Guided tours will take place at a later stage at 10.00 am, 11.00 am, 2.30 pm and 3.30 pm, in July and August tours are also given at 4.30 pm.
Visits for groups also available at other times.
Closed on Mondays.
Klausen Card – alps & wine
So many services with just one card..........
Our Guest Pass Klausen Card offers a range of services 365 days a year: unlimited use of all public transport and free admission to different museums throughout South Tyrol as well as to three public swimming pools in the surroundings. Moreover, the use of one out of three cable cars is included. The summer and winter bus, adventure programs such as hiking tours, wine and grappa tastings complete the offer.
The Klausen Card Our Service Card combines the mobility and museum offers of the 7-day museumobil Card:
- South Tyrol regional trains (Brenner Pass – Trento, Mals – Innichen)
- Local buses (urban, intercity and Citybus short-hop services)
- Kohlern, Ritten, Meransen, Jenesien, Mölten and Vöran cable cars
- Ritten railway and Mendel funicular services
- PostAuto Schweiz bus service between Mals and Müstair
- Each of the 90 participating museums can be visited once per card
Other included services:
- Use of one of the cable cars Plose, Rittner Horn or Seceda
- Free admission to our swimming pools
- Free use of the summer hiking bus
- Free use of the ski shuttle Ski Safari
- Guided hikes and tours
- Wine and grappa tastings
- Guided winter and snowshoe hike
and much more.