The Dolomites - a reign born from the sea
It is difficult to imagine that many of the peaks of the Dolomite Alps were once islands far out in the sea, surrounded by coral reefs teeming with the most disparate forms of animal and plant life, in an environment similar to that we see today in the "coral gardens" of the Maldives or many small islands in Polynesia and Melanesia.
Try to imagine to hike on an ancient reef as the Sasso Piatto, which coincides perfectly with the original underwater reef of 230 million years ago. On 26th June 2009, UNESCO included these calcite mountains located in northeastern Italy on its list of the most beautiful landscapes in the world.
- Start with a fabulous and healthy breakfast Vitalpina.
- Taste our fresh alpine-mediterrenean cuisine
- Sweet dreams are gurantee in our natural wood rooms "alpin style"
- 5 guided hiking tours per week with your expert hiking guides
The best trails in the Dolomites: hiking peeks, listening to rivers, the silence of the forest, calm lakes, powerful rivers.
- 1 Vitalpina®beathing hike: power and relax with special breathing tecniques
- 1 Vitalpina_breathing booklet®
- Alpine SPA: heathed indoor pool and outdoor saltwather pool. Sauna world with different theme saunas and mystic salt cave with thermo beds.
- Calm garden with mountain view for total relax
- Alpine Beauty: special threatments and massages with powerful alpine herbs.
Our cuisine is well-knowed in our village and beyound. We care about fresh local products from our farmers. Perfectly prepared local dishes vary with mediterranean-specilities. This is the secret of our well-balanced menues and rich breakfast-table.
Our kitchen is annually recommended in the Michelin-Guide.
Daily fresh pastries from our patissiere on our sunny terrasse with beautiful mountain view.
Hiking and breathing deeply
Staying in the ARTNATUR DOLOMITES offers the possibility to participate hikes, which are dedicated to the theme breathing.
Your host and hike-guide Michael Trocker is trained for that and he will also give you lots of hints in form of simple exercises. For any situation, regarding busy daily routines there are useful breathing-tips with different effects. On one hand energizing and activating elements, on the other hand relaxing and calming respectively harmonizing and balancing elements and exercises.
The guest receives also many hints about breathing in the course of the regular hike.
Not only your host and hike-guide, but also the masseurs of the participating hotels are trained for massage techniques on the subject of breathing. The used techniques capture the breathing in the phase of relaxation after an active day and mark out a very relaxing effect.
Natural scents stimulate the breathing and have a harmonizing effect to the whole organism. The Vitalpina Hotels in South Tyrol combine woody notes from arolla pine, mountain pine and juniper with refreshing scents from mountain herbs and forest fruits to a unique room scent.
Adventurous kids playground with boulder wall and trampolin and lot of funny games.
You'll find also different hiking trails for families in the surrounding of the hotel, as the funny mushroom-trail or the great trail of knights.
Come with us and discover the special alpine enviroment of the Dolomites. Free use of Nordic Walking poles and special trails, horse back riding or tandem flight with paragliders. Vie ferrate with your special climibing guide or a nice swimm in a fresh clear mountain lake.
This is, what a Wanderhotel and Vitalpina Hotel stands for.
Mobilcard allows you to make full use of the South Tyrol's Integrated Public Transport network.
Included in the network are:
• Regional trains (not Eurostar/Intercity) in South Tyrol (Brennero – Trento, Malles/Mals – San Candido/Innichen)
• All urban and extra-urban bus services
• The cable cars to Renon/Ritten, Maranza/Meransen, San Genesio/Jenesien, Meltina/Mölten and Verano/Vöran
• The narrow-track railway on the Renon/Ritten mountain and the cable railway up to the Mendola/Mendel mountain
• The PostBus Switzerland between Malles/Mals and Müstair.
“One of the most fantastic 18-hole golf courses in Northern Italy” - this is the unanimous opinion of experts. In this quiet and idyllic area, situated in the middle of the Dolomites, playing golf is a great experience - a well groomed course which is a challenge in terms of playing and a Golf Club that bears international comparisons.
Open from March to November (altitude 850 m), the golf course stretches out over an area of about 60 hectares, perfectly embedded in the landscape. Idyllic ponds, ravines, brooks, fiscinating waterfalls and long fairways alternate with easier courses. Beginner as well as professional players - we can satisfy all your needs. As a partner hotel you'll have the benefit of - 15% on the Greenfee as well as guaranteed tee times