A small, quick, tasty and light spring recipe from our host Gunter Holzner at the Vitalpina Hotel Waltershof in the Ulten Valley.
On the menu:
- Tramin asparagus (or white asparagus)
- Lamb fillet (brown trout or char make excellent replacements for lamb)
- Tomato-radish salsa
- Wild herbs
- Make the following marinade for the lamb fillets (other parts of the lamb can of course be used): mustard, a little tomato paste, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, garlic, anchovies, lemon zest and juice, a little soy sauce and olive oil.
- Mix everything together and marinate the lamb in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Next fry the lamb in a hot pan, then cook in the oven at a low heat (about 10 minutes at 70-80°C) until pink.
- Meanwhile slowly fry the cleanly peeled white asparagus in butter and olive oil, repeatedly turning, and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Dice the Piccadilly tomatoes and radishes, marinate with salt, peperoncino, garlic oil, a little watercress and best-quality olive oil.
- Finally, make a light “Bozner Sauce” (without mayonnaise!) from the egg and serve with parmesan, brown butter, a lamb-lemon jus and a freshly picked wild herb salad – wonderful!