Abdominal breathing - Silencing the thoughts
- Lie down and relax on a soft surface (a bed, or even a meadow). Bend your knees. Support your knees with a blanket or backpack, and prop up your head with a pillow or jacket.
- Observe how you breathe naturally. Inhale calmly, and then exhale. Pause your breath.
- Direct your attention to your abdominal wall. Notice how it raises up (during inhalation), and feel the back of your diaphragm expand.
- Notice how your belly lowers (during exhalation). Keep your upper chest still.
- Place one or both hands on your lower abdomen so that you can observe the process even more intensely. Inhalation. Pause. Exhalation. Pause. Repeat.
- Direct your attention to the aromas and odors that surround you, and let your thoughts roll past without judging them or holding onto them.
- After seven cycles of inhalation and exhalation, you will feel a stronger sense of inner peace.